Creative Database & UI Developer/Designer
Currently looking for a full-time, front-end developer position with a small, profitable, quality company located near Phoenix, Arizona.
- I am driven and passionate about my work. I will work hard for your company, and challenge myself to do everything I can to contribute to the success of your business.
- I am a friendly person with informed opinions and an equal amount of humility. A casual but productive work environment is my ideal.
Tag Employer Services
from 2010 to 2013
SENIOR APPLICATION DEVELOPER
- Development of several rendering engines to better serve up large amounts of generic, database driven, decoupled, up-datable dynamic content.
- Development of responsive applications for screen, pad and phone including Safety Meeting and Hazard Card management applications with accompanying versions optimized for phone. (see portfolio below)
Arizona Mexico Commission
from 2009 to 2010
- Built website and CMS application for the Arizona Mexico Commission AZMC.org
Fluoresco Lighting & Sign
from 2008 to 2009
DATABASE APPLICATIONS DEVELOPER
- Data management and development of multiple databases and clients distributed across 3 states and 11 branch locations.
- Development of complex, custom reports using Crystal Reports, Report Smith, Access, Sql., Web.
- Creation of a wiki based library of all company data and development history and definitions.
from Mar 2007 to Feb 2008
- New group messages page with dynamic message reply form and choice of expanded vs. collapsed view.
- Developed sitewide "Sharebox" - an auto centering, auto-sizing, cross-browser, multi-tabbed popup box with a single asp function call implementation.
- Rebuilding of complex news-letter along with custom design and management CMS tool. Features include email friendly HTML and images designed for optimal viewing in all major email clients. Administration tools to select newsletter content, and featured items directly from website using scriptlets. MsSql stored procedures: to subtotal most active web site users by contribution type; to determine most popular content. Automatic output of related summary data. Created adjunct Excel VBA application to import recent journal and message posts to facilitate the selection of content items for news-letter inclusion.
- Development of custom Keyword manager for mplementation of keyword assignments to create page specific dynamic meta tags
May 2006 - December 2007
CONTRACTED APPLICATION DEVELOPENT
- Development of custom application for American Express to be used worldwide. The application was a customization of excel using VBA to automate the distribution, customer entry, collection, and reporting - of a highly variable and involved client contract..
May 2005 - December 2007
CONSULTANT AND TECHNICAL TRAINER
- Delivery of technical training courses and consulting. Wide range of courses with focus on Microsoft Languages and technologies.
January 2002 - March 2005
SENIOR PROJECT CONSULTANT
- Delivery of technical training courses and consulting
- Creation of custom Ms Access based management application with Camelot Homes of Phoenix.
- Arizona Department of Health to create some highly customized reports using Crystal Reports and Oracle data. Reports include tracking of average sample transit times between hospitals and the State testing lab taking into account location, holidays, weekends, work hours, volume, etc.
- Oracle based data using custom Access queries and VBA to re-render old Oracle data into new definitions used by a few of the State Health department's Crystal Reports solutions.
- VBA automation with Thermador/Bosch Corporation to automate the processing of data into a variety of summaries and graphs i.e. Lines of equal life time, Product failure trends, etc. (Helped Transform a week+ long reporting process into a a minute or two of sub-routine execution)
- Extended the database application of a national recruiting company to allow them to create dynamic queries by including and/or excluding any amount of variables. The application includes a custom UI, and also generates dynamic SQL code that can be directly altered and saved if desired. The application includes several dynamic report output options.
- Development of "Work Estimation Application" for a non-profit company in Phoenix, AZ. Outputs mufti-dimensional reports and graphs comparing all of the requested dimensions of employee, actual work. Extensive VBA used to create a totally custom, real-time, measure and reporting tool - reports and graphs are dynamically generated in Excel from COM VBA behind the ACCESS UI.
January 2000 - January 2002
CERTIFICATION TEST AND COURSEWARE DEVELOPER
- Evaluation and providing advice related to certification goals.
- Writing questions for certification exams.
- Instructor for IGeneration's Talent Boost program.
ExecuTrain of the Southwest/Skillramp
January 2000 - January 2002
- Training a variety of technical courses both custom and standard
- C#.net to 20+ Java and C++ developers from Intel Sacramento.
- VB development to programmers from Microsoft's Finance and Data Team in Reno.
- ASP.net for Wells Fargo web developers.
- VB development to Nevada State IT.
- PERL to the INTUIT internet team in Tucson, AZ
ExecuTrain of Los Angeles
January 1999 - January 2001
SENIOR TRAINING SPECIALIST
- Development of database and Intranet solutions critical to in-house operations.
- Trained Adult Desktop Courses.
- Attended entire track of the Microsoft Developer (MOC) Courses at night and began to merge into technical training.
- Frame-Maker and Acrobat to Earthlink's technical writing department.
- VB-script to Pacific Life's security division.
- Programmed ExecuTrain's in-house access database to track profitability and categorize courses.
- Programmed Excel VBA solutions for Freemont Investments.
ExecuTrain of Los Angeles/Irvin
January 1997 - January 1999
- Delivery of adult computer training courses, specializing in database, programming and web development technologies.
- Primary courses of delivery: Microsoft office applications and a variety of web applications and languages.
- Attainment of Prosoft Certification and delivery of Prosoft's Web Fundamentals and Web Design courses.
Self Employed Artist
May 1992 - December 1998
- Created paintings in a variety of mediums.
- Planned and executed private showings and participated in art fairs ; festivals in CA and AZ.
- Arranged consignment in stores, galleries, coffee houses and film studios.
- Pursued contact artistry and design work, specializing in portraiture, J-sleeves, restaurant menus, business cards, and letterhead.
- Illustrated story boards for the film Alice through the Looking Glass, On Ice Productions (1997); collaborated with directors, set designers and actors to prepare scene-by-scene drawings for use in production.
University of Southern California
September 1988 - June 1990
Arizona State University
September 1990 - June 1994
Extensive acting courses. Performed in several University Productions. Wrote and directed. Also took drawing & painting courses.